Blog and Tweet for Equal Pay!
Tomorrow is Equal Pay Day! Do You Care About Equal Pay? We thought so! That is why we are sharing three great ways for you to participate this Equal Pay Day.
1. Join The ABA Gender Equity Task Force and Young Lawyer Social Media Working Group’s Equal Pay Day Twitter Chat! #EPLaw
Laurel G. Bellows – President, American Bar Association (@laurelbellows)
Marcia D. Greenberger – Co-President, National Women’s Law Center (@nwlc)
Yolanda Young – Founder, On Being a Black Lawyer (@OBABL) and more!
Moderated by Ms. JD (@msjdtweets)
Tuesday, April 9, 2013, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. CT
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions
2. On April 9 from 1:00-2:00pm ET, the National Women's Law Center will also be hosting a tweetchat to discuss equal pay. The tweetchat will feature special guests! NWLC will be chatting on the hashtag #TalkPay. Email Amy Qualliotine at mailto:email@example.com for more details on NWLC’s tweetchat.
3. The National Women's Law Center is also gearing up for this year’s Blog for Equal Pay Day! There are many sides of this issue that are important, and NWLC wants to hear what equal pay and the wage gap means to you.
This June, it will be 50 years since President Kennedy signed the Equal Pay Act into law. And today, women still make just 77 cents for every dollar a man makes — that's nearly $11,000 in lost wages every year.
NWLC is asking bloggers to participate in this year’s Blog for Equal Pay Day by answering the question, “What would you do with your $11,000 in lost wages?” in your blog posts. Please feel free to include policy analysis, personal experiences, reports, graphs, etc in your blog posts as well! NWLC will collect and publish links to the blog posts on April 9. Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
· Your name and email address
· The link to your post (note: link does not need to be live by 5:00pm ET Friday – as long as it will be live by 9:00am ET on April 9 it’s fine!)
· Your Twitter handle, if you have one
The more blog posts, the merrier – and the bigger the impact we’ll have overall! Please also share this invitation with else who may like to participate.
The blog carnival will be published by 10:00am ET on April 9, 2013. Blog posts submitted after 5:00pm on April 5 may be added to the blog carnival slightly later in the day on April 9.
NWLC (@nwlc) will also be tweeting all day to mark Equal Pay Day. We encourage you to join us and tweet about equal pay, the wage gap, and link to your blog by hashtagging your tweets with #equalpayday.