By Erica Klein • December 02, 2016•Careers, Firms and the Private Sector
Arent Fox is seeking applications for its annual Diversity Scholarship Program. The New York office will award one first-year law student $20,000 ($10,000 to be awarded during their 1L summer, $5,000 to be awarded upon acceptance of an offer to return for their second summer and $5,000 to be awarded upon acceptance of an offer to join the firm as a full-time associate). This posting is for the New York scholarship opportunity. The New York scholarship recipient will join Arent Fox's 2017 Summer Associate Program and will work in the New York office for ten weeks this summer.
The Firm will accept applications from December 1, 2016 through 11:59 p.m. local time on January 17, 2017. Candidates may only apply to the NY office. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
• First-year law student, in good standing, at an ABA-accredited law school in the U.S.
• Scheduled to graduate in 2019
• Excellent college and law school academic performance
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated leadership qualities, work experience, and community involvement
• Authorized to work in the U.S.
• Member of a diverse population that historically has been underrepresented in the legal profession
• Must join the 2017 Arent Fox Summer Program after their first year of law school
• Have a strong interest in joining the Firm as an associate after law school graduation
Required Application Materials
• Completed electronic Diversity Scholarship Application
• Personal Essay (one page single or double-spaced): How will you be Smart in Arent Fox's World?
• Undergraduate Transcript (unofficial is accepted)
• Law School Transcript (forward to appropriate office as soon as available)
• Legal Writing Sample (5-10 pages, single or double spaced): Must be exclusively your own work. The sample may be from your legal writing course in law school.
• Contact information of three professional or academic references. (Letters of recommendation are optional.)
To apply, please visit https://www.arentfox.com/careers.
Arent Fox LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.