By Ms. JD • September 16, 2012•Writers in Residence
Do you feel your creative spirit fading as you work tirelessly to perfect your legal writing skills? Do you miss composing prose that is not in the passive voice or that does not require bluebooking? Would you like to share your experiences as a woman entering the legal profession?
Ms. JD is currently seeking law students and professionals to serve as 2014 Ms. JD Writers in Residence.
The Writers in Residence program consists of a small group of columnists who provide monthly articles on a selected topic. The program launched in 2010 and gave rise to some of Ms. JD's most inspiring, hilarious, and provocative content to date.
Perhaps you can give monthly advice on applying for clerkships, balancing law school and motherhood, or on the joys (and frustrations) of studying for the bar. Maybe you would like to share your experiences as a law student, recent graduate seeking employment, or attorney practicing in a unique field. Or, maybe you would like to interview a successful women lawyer each month, seeking advice for young women lawyers and law students (what a fantastic way to network with women attorneys in your area!).
Great reasons to be 2014 Ms. JD Writer in Residence:
- To share your knowledge with women across the country
- To be part of an amazing network of women law students and lawyers
- To unleash your inner Ann Landers, Carrie Bradshaw, or Emily Post
- It would look great on a resume!
If you are interested in being a 2014 Ms. JD Writer in Residence, please send an email to email@example.com, including your
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Law School
- A brief description of your column idea, including a proposed title
- A list of any relevant writing experience
- A short writing sample (it need not be legal!)
Applications must be received by November 1, 2013. Applicants will be notified by December 1, 2013.