By Katie Day • July 28, 2015•Ms. JD, Law School
It’s almost back-to-school time again. (Can you believe summer went by so quickly?) There’s no doubt that you have a long list of books, notebooks, and other school supplies on your shopping list, but did you know you can support Ms. JD while you stock up on school essentials? Just head over to Amazon Smile and select Ms. JD as your charity!
If you’re unsure of everything you’ll need this school year, check out the list below for some of my favorite back to school essentials, and Amazon Smile finds!
1. Black’s Law Dictionary: This dictionary is a must have for anyone attending law school. Even if it wasn’t on your textbook list it will definitely come in handy.
2. Backpack/ Laptop Bag: Between books, notebooks, pens, and a laptop, you’re going to be carrying a heavy load once classes start. Pick up a sturdy backpack to help you get everything where it needs to go. A neutral colored or leather backpack will do the trick, while helping you feel professional—this one comes in four great colors and has an awesome leather detail!
3. Highlighters: You’ll probably want a couple of packs of these if you’re anything like me. Highlighters are so helpful when doing your readings. Grab a multi-colored pack so you can color code your notes and make it even easier to find the info you need.
4. Day Planner/ Agenda: Organization is key in law school, so you want to be sure you have a place to keep record of assignments, meetings, events, etc. These agendas by Lilly Pulitzer are my favorite! They have tons of space for writing in your activities, plus they come in bright colors and patterns.
5. Inspirational Coffee Mug: Trust me, you’ll need coffee, so why not get a coffee mug that makes you smile every time you take a sip. An inspirational mug is sure to boost your confidence. Get one with a secure lid and you can take it on the go with you.
6. Fitness Gear: You’re going to be so busy that working out will be the last thing on your mind, but remember that exercise is good for your mental and physical health. Make a point to head to the gym a few times a week, or sign up for yoga or spinning classes. To motivate yourself, pick up a cute and comfy pair of new yoga pants. Not only will they help you hit the gym, you can also throw them on to run errands or stay comfy while you study.
7. New Book: I know, I know, with all of your law school reading it seems impossible to read just for fun. But I assure you, it will help you unwind after a long day. If you’re looking for an inspirational, empowering book, check out How Remarkable Women Lead: The Breakthrough Model for Work and Life. If you want something with a bit of humor, check out Killing Monica by Candace Bushnell.
8. Classic Watch: Complete your professional look with a beautiful, classic watch. You’ll want a nice piece you can wear to interviews, so try to choose one that will go with the majority of your interview outfits. You can stick to the basics with silver or gold, or choose a brighter watch with a pop of color on the face.
What are your back to school must haves? Let us know whats on your shopping list in the comments!