By Ms. JD • February 02, 2010•Choosing a Career and Landing a Job
Who Are The Mentors?
Fellowship mentors will be assigned to the Fellows from among the ABA Commission on Women in the Profession's alumnae of commissioners and Margaret Brent Award Winners. The list includes U.S. Circuit Court judges and state Supreme Court justices, general counsels from the Fortune 500, managing partners from the nation's largest law firms, and leading professors and practitioners from around the country.
Mentoring pairs will be made based on geographic location and shared professional interests. We aim to identify the most promising students in a variety of fields and practice areas and pair them with the most successful woman in that field.
What Will the 1-Year Mentorship Entail?
In addition to being identified as one of the nation's highest-achieving law students, mentees will receive:
- Invitation to the 20th Anniversary Margaret Brent Awards on August 8, 2010, in San Francisco
- Invitation to Ms. JD's annual conference in March 2011, location TBA
- Mentor review of their resume and writing sample
- Invitation to 2 other networking events with their mentor
- At least 2 additional activities with their mentor, based on mutual interest and availability
How to Apply/Nominate?
Eligibility: Applicants must be enrolled full-time as a second year law student in an ABA-accredited law school.
If you would like to nominate a 2L to be considered for Ms. JD's 2010 Fellowship, email her name and school to Fellowship@ms-jd.org.
If you would like to apply to be considered for Ms. JD's 2010 Fellowship, email the following to Fellowship@ms-jd.org.
- Writing Sample (legal writing, no length requirement, redacted documents accepted)
- Availability for phone interviews April 12 - 30th (indicate on what days you will be totally unavailable)
We will accept nominations and applications until 5:00 pm PST, April 1, 2010. Finalists will be announced April 9, 2010. Two rounds of finalist interviews will be held April 12 - 30, 2010. Ms. JD's 2010 Fellowship winners along with their mentor-pairings will be announced May 10, 2010.