By Katherine Larkin-Wong • January 08, 2013•Issues
Yesterday we told you about the AWESOME year we've had working, writing, and meeting our community. Well, we're even more excited for 2013! We've got lots of big plans!
Here's a sneak peek at a few:
1. We're going to continue giving you access to top women in our profession. We're so excited to be working with Kirkland & Ellis to bring you a conversation on leadership and entrepreneurship with ABA President Laurel Bellows. You can attend the event yourself in Chicago or at any of our viewing parties across the nation. You can even bring it to your own school. Click here to learn more! If your women's organization is a NWLSO affiliate, you can even win a viewing party for Laurel's event from Ms. JD! Click here to learn how you can enter the competition for the viewing party. Oh, and be sure to join us on Twitter for the conversation about the event, the questions you want to ask President Bellows, and our live tweet of the event. Use the hashtag #powerbase.
2. We've had a lot of people express interest in getting more involved with Ms. JD. We're working on ways to make volunteering with Ms. JD easier and to allow you to get more substantively involved more quickly. We'll be rolling out a new volunteer program and offering new opportunities for you to help us determine the direction of the Programs you care about most through our new Program Councils. Watch the blog for more information about these opportunities later this year!
3. You can expect some exciting new regional events. We'll be partnering with other organizations to provide you with more opportunities to meet other young leaders in law. In addition to the Chicago event with Laurel Bellows, we're working on a local event in Philadelphia and a bootcamp this spring in Washington, DC. There will be more to come too. Be sure to watch our calendar and add your own events to take advantage of the Ms. JD community in your area!
4. We're looking forward to seeing the new content from this year's Writers In Residence starting this January. We hope you'll join us in welcoming them by engaging in the conversation and commenting on their posts. Never commented on a post before? All you have to do is create an account on the site (click here), login, and you'll be able to click the hyperlink on any post to comment on it.
5. Our 2012 Ms. JD Fellows will unveil their big project later this year. Let's just say that we think you're going to see top women in the law in a whole new way. We're so proud of this Fellows class and cannot wait to see their project come to fruition. Do you know a great 2L woman who would enjoy the mentorship of a top woman lawyer? Encourage her to apply for the Ms. JD Fellowship. Application information will be available on the blog later this month!
6. Finally, we'll offer another round of public interest grants for woman pursuing public interest opportunities during the Summer of 2013. Watch for those applications on the blog later this summer.
Have an idea for us? Is there a question you want answered on the blog or an event you'd love to see in your area? Send it our way! Email Katie Larkin-Wong at email@example.com.
As always, thanks for being part of our community!
The Ms. JD Board of Directors