By Katherine Larkin-Wong • January 16, 2012•Law School
Here at Ms. JD, we often hear from students and attorneys that they struggle to fill events that they plan. Often filling the events that you plan is just about making sure you reach the right and the broadest audience possible. We can help you!
Did you know that you can promote your events on Ms. JD? Ms. JD maintains a calendar that we use to promote events going on at schools, non-profits, and law firms throughout the country. You can add your own events too.
To add an event:
1. You have to be a registered user of Ms. JD. If you're a registered user, just login through the prompts on the top right hand corner of the site. If you're not a registered user, click here to register. Fill in that information and you're all set.
2. Scroll down the right hand column. You'll see a block with your username in it. Below that is a link to "Create Content." Click on Create Content. You'll be given three options - Create Blog Post, Create Event, or Create Forum Topic. Click on Create Event.
3. You're now in the screen where you can upload all of the information about your event. In particular, be sure you select the correct time zone for your event. Once you've added any information you'd like your potential guests to know, click the preview button which will appear at the bottom of your screen.
4. Review your post and make sure all of the information is correct. Then click "Save."
5. Your event will now appear on the Ms. JD calendar. As your event gets closer to occurring, it will also be featured on the Ms. JD homepage. Be sure to check back for other events and promote them to your friends and colleagues too!
Happy Event Planning and Promoting From All of us at Ms. JD!