Do you have crazy social media skills? Is your smart phone always ready to Tweet, Pin, and Post? Do you have a passion for women helping women? If you answered yes to these questions, you might be just the person we are looking for!
Ms. JD is seeking a part-time Social Media Coordinator to join us as an independent contractor to help build and manage our social media outreach strategies. As an independent contractor, the Social Media Coordinator will exercise her or his own independent judgment and discretion to support Ms. JD’s online presence.
What will you be doing?
As the Social Media Coordinator you will help Ms. JD enhance its social media and online outreach strategies. You will brainstorm and provide advice to help Ms. JD execute innovative strategies using its social media outlets and work to increase Ms. JD’s social media presence alongside Ms. JD’s CEO and Board of Directors. You’ll brainstorm and execute innovative strategies that make our community feel loved and engaged with Ms. JD. You’ll have freedom to try new things and learn from successes and failures.
Specific weekly tasks include:
- Scheduling posts for Ms. JD’s social media platforms
- Searching Ms. JD’s blog and other websites and social media for engaging content to post or re-share
- Coordinating with Ms. JD’s CEO and Board of Directors about upcoming programming, initiatives, and promotions
- Overseeing social media accounts’ design (e.g., Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures, etc.)
- Communicating with the Ms. JD community and addressing questions through social media messages and comments
- Suggesting and implementing new features to develop organization awareness; and
- Staying up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools, and applications
The ideal candidate has:
- Previous experience with social media including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and YouTube (experience with scheduling tools such as Buffer is a plus)
- Knowledge of online marketing channels
- Passion and drive for women helping women and Ms. JD’s mission
- An entrepreneurial spirit and self-motivation
- Creative ideas and a willingness to think outside the box
- Strong writing and grammar skills
- Bonus: An interest in attending law school or an interest in law more generally
Ms. JD is a national organization, with its staff and Board of Directors spread across the United States. As an independent contractor, you will work remotely using your own personal computer and other self-provided technology. Ms. JD will not provide you with office facilities or equipment. The Social Media Coordinator will receive a monthly $200 stipend and will be eligible for project-based incentives. The Social Media Coordinator will be in control of her or his schedule to complete her or his required projects and should anticipate around 5 hours per week.
How do you apply?
To work with us as an independent contractor, please submit your resume with links to all your social networks (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, blog, etc.) and a brief cover letter detailing why you’re a great fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of your email must include [Social Media Coordinator Application]. We’ll review applications on a rolling basis.