By Danielle Allison • April 27, 2020•Ms. JD
On May 5, 2020, people all around the world are coming together to tap into the power of human connection and strengthen communities at the grassroots level. Will you be one of them?
We will be one of those participating organizations and we need your help!
By joining the #GivingTuesdayNow movement, you’re proving that in times of uncertainty, generosity can bring the whole world together.
Here is how you can get ready to give:
1. Give. On May 5, go to https://bit.ly/msjddonate and donate. It is Ms. JD’s great desire to continue to support the advancement of women in the legal profession and to provide unique opportunities for women law students and attorneys to overcome barriers, achieve gender parity, and see great success. We cannot do this without your help and your generosity!
2. Follow. Please follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and invite your friends to do the same.
3. Spread the word. Encourage your friends and family to join you in creating real impact on May 5th by sharing what our mission means to you and why you support our organization. Make sure to use hashtags #whymsjd and #GivingTuesdayNow.
While we are asking our community to celebrate generosity through social media posts and with a donation to empower women law students and lawyers, please check out our recent work since the shelter-in-place orders:
- Launched a robust Covid-19 Resource Center including resources for lawyers, law students, and caretakers.
- Created a virtual toolkit webinar series with topics including Best Practices for Working Remotely, Financial Management in Times of Uncertainty, Cultivating Relationships from a Distance, Bar Preparation During a Pandemic, and Self-Care During Self-Quarantine.
- Transitioned live conferences and events to virtual programmings, including the Ms. JD Annual Conference, a one-day event featuring keynote speakers, panel discussions, workshops, and networking; the National Women Law Students’ Organization (NWLSO) Leadership Academy, an intimate one-day leadership-focused intensive at Harvard Law School for 2Ls and 3Ls; and Determined to Rise, a one-day academy in law and leadership for middle school girls grades 6-8 with fun and engaging workshops and speakers.
Your support on May 5th will ensure that women in the legal profession continue to have access to resources and support to overcome barriers in order to achieve gender parity in the profession, during this crisis and beyond.
Every dollar counts. Your generosity will have an immediate impact on women in law school and the legal profession for years to come.
Thank you in advance!