By Danielle Allison • August 12, 2018•Ms. JD, Careers, Nonprofits and the Public Interest, Law School, Other Law School Issues, Issues, Other Issues
Interested in women’s issues, international development, fundraising and education? If yes, consider supporting us as our next part-time, unpaid, Global Education Fund program volunteer!
Ms. JD created the Global Education Fund (“GEF”) to enable women in developing countries who otherwise would not have access to further education pursue a legal education. Each year, GEF has made it possible for two Ugandan women in each class year to pursue their dreams of becoming lawyers by attending the law program at Makerere University in Uganda.
The part-time and unpaid Global Education Fund program volunteer will be responsible for:
- Helping to lead outreach and program development initiatives to improve the GEF scholarship program in Uganda, and possibly other countries
- Working with the GEF Program Council to promote and support the education and empowerment of women, particularly overseas
- Serving as a communications liaison between Ms. JD and Makerere University
- Helping to coordinate tuition payments
- Assisting with recruiting and selecting GEF Program Council members
- Maintaining and sharing periodic reports, including financial reports, to the Ms. JD Board of Directors
- Scheduling and possibly chairing GEF Program Council meetings (typically by phone)
- Organizing periodic fundraising events with the GEF Program Council
- Supporting the development of the annual budget for approval by the Ms. JD Board of Directors
We would like you to volunteer with us for two (2) years. You do not need to be in the legal profession to apply.
To work with us as a part-time Global Education Fund program volunteer, please submit the following to Gardner@Ms-JD.org by July 3, 2018:
- Your resume
- A statement of interest (up to 500 words) that explains your interest in volunteering for Ms. JD’s Global Education Fund
- You also may submit an addendum (up to 250 words) to supplement the materials above