By Danielle Allison • April 11, 2018•Ms. JD
Ms. JD's Treasurer function is a part-time, volunteer, and unpaid role within the organization. Ms. JD’s Treasurer will provide assistance, as necessary, on a variety of tasks, including providing guidance relating to the preparation of tax filings, performing administrative, finance, and human resources functions, and helping to build relationships with our sponsors.
Ms. JD is a national nonprofit organization with a comparable budget to other nonprofit legal organizations with similar missions of advancing women in the legal profession. Please visit www.ms-jd.org for more information on our projects and programs.
Volunteer Treasurer, Ms. JD
The Treasurer is a part-time, volunteer, and unpaid position. As Treasurer, the volunteer will use her or his skills to help define the process and implement the infrastructure/systems needed to support Ms. JD’s financial growth and development. As Treasurer, the volunteer will assist in building and managing effective and streamlined administrative/financial systems, including financial and accounting practices, based on the organization’s needs.
The Treasurer will be responsible for:
- Financial Management
- Reviewing and approving monthly and annual financial reporting materials and metrics for presentation to Ms. JD’s Board of Directors
- Overseeing budgeting, financial forecasting, and cash flow for administration, existing programs, and projects
- Coordinating audit activities
- Administrative Leadership and Management
- Providing oversight and assistance with regard to the organization’s financial, budgeting, and administrative processes
The best fit for this part-time, volunteer position would be somebody with the following experience and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree (MA/MBA preferred) in Business, Management, or Finance, and a Juris Doctorate
- Professional financial experience, including experience with small to medium sized nonprofit organizations
- Legal, audit, compliance, budget, and resource development experience
- Familiar or willing to learn QuickBooks
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multidisciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team
- Flexible, a self-starter, and able to multitask while also being highly detail-oriented
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to Ms. JD’s nonprofit mission
- The ability to provide part-time, volunteer services of 10-15 hours per week, with some variation during peak seasons throughout the year.
How do you apply?
To work with us as a volunteer, please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your interest and explaining why you are perfect for the Treasurer position to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 11, 2018.