By Katie Day • May 20, 2020•Ms. JD, Law School
Ms. JD is pleased to announce that applications are now open for the 2020 Summer Public Interest Scholarship Program!
The recipients of the 2020 Public Interest Scholarship Program will each receive a scholarship to go towards their summer living expenses as they pursue careers in public interest law. Ms. JD is thrilled to continue our support of women pursuing public interest careers and soften the burden faced by folks who accept public interest internships, which are often unpaid.
- The Scholarship is open to all law students who currently identify as women, or who have previously lived as a woman (or girl) and now identify as non-binary.
- Applicants should be entering their second or third year at an accredited U.S. law school as of summer 2020.
- Applicants should be planning to work at least 30 hours per week for a minimum of 4 weeks over the summer of 2020.
- Eligible placements include positions with a government agency, nonprofit organization, or unpaid judicial externship.
- Applicants do not need to have a confirmed placement at the time of application, but will be asked to submit an offer letter confirming their public interest placement before funds are disbursed in June 2020.
- In 800 words or less, submit a written application responding to the prompt below. Post the application essay directly to the Ms. JD blog.
- Use your Ms. JD account to post your response to the blog. If you do not yet have an account, register for one here: http://ms-jd.org/profile/register. Editor's Note: If you are experiencing technical issues with registering, please email your application to Katie Day at email@example.com
- In addition to posting the application essay directly to the blog, please send your essay and resume as PDF attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and Ms. JD account ID at the top of your attached essay. We also ask that you provide us with information regarding your anticipated summer employer and any sources of summer funding you will be receiving.
- Applications are due by 11:59pm EST on Friday, June 12, 2020.
This year Ms. JD celebrated our annual conference with the theme “When Women Lead.” Please describe a time in your personal or professional life when you have stepped up to take on a leadership role, and how you envision your future public interest career allowing you to grow your leadership opportunities and experiences.