By Heather Asher • July 14, 2015•Careers
Ms. JD seeks a Programs Assistant with a record of program administration and organizational development to implement its ambitious growth and objectives. As the Programs Assistant for Ms. JD, you will help organize and manage Ms. JD’s day-to-day operations alongside Ms. JD’s Executive Director and the Board of Directors. The Programs Assistant will be responsible for managing logistical details and creating documents for Ms. JD’s numerous events and programs.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who enjoys responsibility, desires hands-on experience with non-profit management, and expects to have fun doing it. While not required, this position may be particularly beneficial for those interested in attending law school or interested in law more generally.
This is a part-time position consisting of around 10 hours of work per week. The Programs Assistant will work remotely with Ms. JD’s Executive Director and Board of Directors located across the country.
ABOUT MS. JD
As the U.S.’s premier organization for early career lawyers and aspiring female lawyers, Ms. JD brings legal practitioners, law students, and aspiring lawyers together to drive the critical national conversation on gender issues in the legal sector. To fulfill this mission, Ms. JD hosts and facilitates a number of events and the following programs throughout the year:
The Fellowship program, which promotes mentoring and professional development for future female attorneys;
- The Writers in Residence guest blogger opportunity;
- The Reference Library on Women in Law;
- Annual Conferences;
- Public Interest Scholarships; and
- The Global Education Fund.
With campus chapters throughout the nation, Ms. JD is also home to the National Women Law Students’ Organization, which represents the specific interests and needs of women law students. More information about Ms. JD and its extensive programs and events is available at www.ms-jd.org.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key duties include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring and responding to administrative emails
- Managing event registration and correspondence with event attendees
- Drafting and periodically updating program documents
- Drafting emails and communicating with sponsors and event partners
- Compiling agendas and other relevant documentation for board meetings and retreats
- Coordinating board travel
- Other administrative duties as needed
The ideal candidate will have all of the qualifications listed below.
- Administrative and/or programming experienceAmazing organizational skills
- A professional demeanor and admirable writing skills
- Passion and drive for Ms. JD’s mission
- An entrepreneurial spirit and self-motivation
- A great sense of humor and ability to go with the flow
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please submit your (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) the names and contact information for one to three professional references to Ms. JD’s Executive Director Heather Asher at email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of your email must include “Programs Assistant Application.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until Friday July 31, 2015.
No late submissions or incomplete applications will be considered. Early applications are encouraged.
Ms. JD is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability or medical condition, political affiliation, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or domestic partner status, gender identity, parental status, veteran status, height, weight, or any other basis protected by law. Ms. JD is unable to sponsor work permits.