By Ms. JD • March 14, 2013•Other Issues
Do you have crazy social media skills? Is your smart phone always ready to Tweet, Pin, and Post? Do you have a passion for women helping women? If you answered yes to these questions, you might be just the person we are looking for! Ms. JD is looking for a social media intern to help us build and manage our social media outreach strategies.
What will you be doing?
As the Social Media/Community Manager intern you will help build and manage Ms. JD’s social media outreach strategies alongside Ms. JD’s President and the Communications and Marketing Committee of the Board of Directors. You’ll brainstorm and execute innovative strategies that make our community feel loved and engaged with Ms. JD. You will also be responsible for finding interesting articles and facts to post on social media outlets that increase our social media presence and create a dedicated following. Apply if you're a self-starter who enjoys lots of responsibility, wants some hands-on experience growing a non-profit, and expects to have lots of fun doing it. You’ll have lots of freedom to try new things and learn from successes and failures. While not required, it’s a bonus if you’re interested in attending law school or interested in law more generally.
The ideal candidate has:
• Crazy social media skills
• Passion and drive for Women Helping Women and Ms. JD’s mission
• An entrepreneurial spirit and self-motivation
• A great sense of humor and ability to go with the flow
• A love of talking to new people
• Their smart phone always ready to tweet, post, pin, and more
Details: Ms. JD is a national organization, with its Board of Directors spread across the United States. You’ll work remotely and be supervised by a single board member. You will interact with all of the Ms. JD Board members on occasion. The Intern will receive a $350 stipend for 10 weeks of service and will be eligible for project-based incentives. The Intern will be asked to commit at least 5 hours per week. The internship start and end dates are negotiable.
To Apply: Please submit your resume with links to all your social networks (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, blog, etc.) and short responses to the three questions below to email@example.com by April 1, 2013 (at the latest). The subject line of your email must include [Social Media Application]. We’ll review applications on a rolling basis.
1. What does community mean to you and give an example of a time you’ve helped create community (either online or offline).
2. The three websites I’m kinda obsessed with (and why) are:
3. Here’s an example of two days of social media content for Ms. JD (please include a pinterest secret board that you share with kmlarkinwong [at] gmail.com showing relevant pictures, quotes, or anything else you want to include).