By jessie kornberg • July 19, 2010•Mentoring and Networking
This Thursday, NAWL holds its annual meetings and awards luncheon at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York City. It's one of the best events of the year as far as these things go, and the lineup this year will not disappoint:
8:30 a.m.- 9:15 a.m. Keynote Address
Author Katie McCabe will discuss her book, "Justice Older than the Law," on barrier-breaking, desegregationist pioneer and civil rights lawyer Dovey Roundtree.
9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. Women Make Great Leaders: How to Translate Leadership Skills into Workplace Power
- Lauren Rikleen, Bowditch Institute for Women's Success
- Laura Ellsworth, Partner-in-Charge, Jones Day;
- Hon. Barbara Jones, Judge, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York;
- Heidi Levine, Partner, Co-founder of DLA Piper’s Leadership Alliance for Women (LAW)
- Teresa Roseborough, Deputy General Counsel, Legal Affairs, MetLife, Inc.
10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Workshop: Strategies to Leverage Workplace Power
- Susan Letterman White, Former Managing Partner, Hepburn Willcox Hamilton & Putnam LLP
- Michele Schwartz, Partner, Andrews Kurth LLP
- Kathy Helms, Shareholder, Ogletree Deakins
- Mary Gill Mary Gill, Chair of the Women’s Initiative at Alston & Bird
- Someera Khokhar, Partner, White & Case
- Audra Dial, Partner, Kilpatrick Stockton LLP
11:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Annual Awards Luncheon Honoring:
- The Honorable Judith Kaye: Arabella Babb Mansfield Award
- MetLife Legal Department: NAWL President's Award
- Elaine Jones, President and Director-Counsel Emeritus, NAACP Legal Defense Fund: NAWL Public Service Award
- Debra Lee, Chairman and CEO, BET Networks: M. Ashley Dickerson Award
2:30 p.m. - 3:45 p.m. How the Economy and In-House Counsel Are Changing the Legal Landscape: Opportunities and Challenges for All
- Pat Gillette, Partner, Orrick
- Kerry Kotouc, Associate General Counsel, Walmart
- Kathryn Levering, Former Managing Partner, Drinker Biddle & Reath
- Mike Nannes, Chairman, Dickstein Shapiro
- Lisa Martinez-Wolmart, Legal Director, Merck & Co.
Registration for each session is still open. Click here to attend.