By Diana Stern • February 19, 2017•Ms. JD, Conference
All of us at Ms. JD are gearing up for our Ninth Annual Conference themed Ms. JD P.R.O.P.E.L. "Promoting Retention, Opportunity, Partnership, Excellence, and Leadership" which will take place March 3, 2017 at Northwestern's Pritzker School of Law. You can learn more about the conference here.
1. Three things that #PROPEL me are:
1) Curiosity - I love learning new things! I am lucky to be intellectually curious because, while it gets me down the rabbit hole some times, it is a huge source of motivation both in my work and personal life.
2) My friends, family, and mentors - I would not be where and who I am today without my crew of supporters. They give me the strength to keep growing. I'm grateful to have such amazing peeps around me!
3) Yoga - it feels good and reminds me to pursue a balanced lifestyle.
2. I #PROPEL others by:
Listening. It is a simple thing, but when I just listen and ask questions so that I can better understand the other person, it strengthens my relationship with that person and can make them feel good, too. Also, I think sometimes people come to their own realizations this way more, which is a cool thing to be a part of.
3. I think Ms. JD #PROPELs others by:
Creating a positive and open space for women lawyers and law students to ask questions, get advice, and connect. A law student once told me that Ms. JD gave her a sense of belonging in the legal profession, and how this helped her be more confident and successful. I hadn't thought of it that way before, but I share that sense of belonging.
In addition, I am especially excited for our awesome, inaugural NWLSO Leadership Council to propel law students forward! You can learn more about our Council members here.
4. I'm excited for Ms. JD #PROPEL on March 3rd at Northwestern Pritzker School of Law because:
I will get to meet the amazing members of our community in person and to honor one other's efforts to propel ourselves and eachother forward together. Last year was my first year at the Conference, and I was blown away by the warmth and inspiration filling the room! I can't wait to go back!
Editor's Note: As part of our preparation, we're writing blog posts about what propels us. Join in the fun by answering the four questions above on your own blog. Never written for Ms. JD before? Here's how to get started: http://ms-jd.org/join-us/write/.